Monday, July 26, 2010

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling



Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I didn't "do" the Harry Potter books until quite recently. Within the past two years, to be precise. I tried to read the first one when I was younger but could not get into it. I regret shunning them for as long as I did. And I regret shunning the movies, as well. I know I'm a late fan and do not wish to label myself a "Harry Potter Nerd" because I feel that label belongs only to people who have been around Harry since the beginning (or at least close to it).

I'm a Junior Nerd.

I re-read the series (well all but two) a few months after completing it the first time around in preparation of the sixth movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Later that year, for my birthday, my mother bought me the entire series and so I decided to read them again. I'm in no rush currently and tend to just pick them up when I need some light, entertaining reading.

This book was one of the two I didn't re-read my second go through so this was only my second time reading it. The first time, I loved it and flew it so quickly. This time...I was almost bored. I cannot take the whiney-ness that is Harry in this one. I didn't like it the first time around but the story was so captivating that I was able to just put that aside. This second time, though, it was all that I seemed to notice.

While I didn't enjoy it that much the second time around, I do rate this one rather high on my list. Number 3 or 4 out of the 7, most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment